GOGEL is a tool especially developed for climate action in the financial sector. The company-based public database provides financial institutions with the information they need to develop and implement effective oil & gas exclusion policies.
GOGEL In Brief
GOGEL lists 1,623 oil & gas companies active in the upstream, midstream or gas-fired power sector.
For the upstream sector, GOGEL provides information on:
- total production
- unconventional share of production (fracking, tar sands, coalbed methane, extra heavy oil, ultra deepwater and Arctic)
- total short-term expansion
- share of unconventional short-term expansion
- IEA NZE expansion overshoot
- capital expenditures on oil & gas exploration
- fossil fuel share of revenue
For the midstream subsector, GOGEL lists companies responsible for pipelines and LNG terminal capacity under development.
The gas-fired power section on GOGEL includes data on companies responsible for gas-fired power expansion projects.
In addition, GOGEL links companies to selected reputational risk projects.