GOGEL is a tool especially developed for climate action in the financial sector. The company-based public database provides financial institutions with the information they need to develop and implement effective oil & gas exclusion policies.
GOGEL In Brief
GOGEL lists 901 oil & gas companies operating in the upstream and/or midstream subsector.
For the upstream subsector, GOGEL provides information on:
- total production
- unconventional share of production (fracking, tar sands, coalbed methane, extra heavy oil, ultra deepwater and Arctic)
- total short-term expansion
- share of unconventional short-term expansion
- IEA NZE expansion overshoot
- capital expenditures on oil & gas exploration
- fossil fuel share of revenue
For the midstream subsector, GOGEL lists companies responsible for pipelines and LNG terminal capacity under development.
In addition, GOGEL links companies to selected reputational risk projects.